Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Galoshes Galore

During my 5 month stay in NYC for spring semester 2010, the one thing I learned that as a new yorker, you cannot (and should not) live without a decent pair of rain boots.Not expensive 100 percent leather or Uggs! I mean those bulky rubber boots that especially made for rainy weather.  I learned that the very hard way. This past springs weather was simply harsh! I'm STILL upset at how long I went on walking through the city to get around without protecting my feet and avoiding my grouchyness with snow and rain until mid-April, especially traveling to Chipotle one day uptown near the 70's to have lunch with a girlfriend Anisha, who wore a fabulous pair of Burberry rain boots(so worthy of an honorary mention)! Even my leather boots did no good trekking through ankle deep floods or knee high snow! Try walking to school or into a library with super wet and cold toes INSIDE your boots. Why haven't I bought a pair of cheap rain boots and call it day? Because I'm still stubborn and choose to save up for the perfect pair, in fact.. a few pairs. Ill be prepared for you mother nature when I'm living in my favorite metropolitan city in the whole world, and I'll walk towards the NY public library through the pouring rain with a smile on my face. Here's a few brands of galoshes I lust after... 


24



25
Hunter - Zappos.com


27
Kate Spade - Zappos.com



29
Burberry.com

30

Jimmy Choo "Hunter" - Nordstrom.com
26
And of course, one for the kids. These lady bugs will brighten up your rainy day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment