Friday, July 9, 2010

Debut


My life through pink colored glasses. That is the literal translation of La Vie en rose which happens to be my favorite song of all time by Edith Piaf. The first time I heard it though, was from Audrey Hepburn in Sabrina (another all time favorite)."What to write about in my first blog post?" On a friday night turned early saturday at a very loud strike of midnight on my mothers beloved grandfather clock downstairs, I suddenly feel like Carrie Bradshaw.(oh if only!) Jotting down my thoughts for fashion, culinary arts, history and culture for the public was never an interest for me. However, ive noticed on my facebook I do get feedback and my inbox with messages often about these very topics. So after weeks of consideration, why not blog? Thank you to my best friend Mallory for discreetly and ever so politely pointing out to me that sitting around moping for this and that just wont do. I love you froggy, only a true friend has balls to point out something that I should just get over.


Second part of my introductory post, I am Precilla Ullah. Middle name is Poonam. Ive been made fun of because of my initals and i can see why...PPU or PU is actually pretty sad and funny at the same time. Im a Bangladeshi-American born and raised in Brooklyn, NY and currently residing with my family in Long Island. I study fashion design, and I want to study archeology and history as well. I love to cook and experiment in my kitchen at least once a week and host lunch or dinner dates for friends. Im a total Francophile and have not been to France, YET! I love music of all kinds of genres and countries. So far into this year 2010, Id say the some highlights of my life have been living in NYC for this past spring semester for school which was wonderful besides the harsh winter we had till march, making an army of new friends where each person is just fabulous and introduced me to something or someone new, moving back home to my family, moms cooking, flowers in the garden especially large perfectly light pink peonies and listening to my dads akai player with the golden age Indian music in the evenings. With that in mind, I hope this is the first of many entries in the coming time where I will share my love for Fashion, Culinary arts and anything else I believe is an honorary mention to you.


PS- how fabulous is the fashion illustration above? Its by one of my favorite illustrators, Brook Hagel. You can buy her awesome designs at her Etsy shop online.


And so my first Fashion post will be of the summer floppy hats! I cant get enough of these, rich black felt for winter and lightweight straw for sunny warm weather. Pair it with flattering-to-your-body summer dress or perhaps a short romper for the ones who want to display those gorgeous legs. The items I choose to put on display are simply what I see and believe pair well together.

Bustier Jumper
$325 - loefflerrandall.com
More rompers »

Anna woven platform
$508 - loefflerrandall.com
More shoes »

Sepia Light House Beach
layoutsparks.com


2 comments:

  1. Love it darling :) !! DOnt worry some day we will go to France to live la la vida loca or to live la vie en rose? lol
    My blog still so empty I guess I'm too lazy hehehehe.

    Love and miss you

    ReplyDelete